IN OTHER WORDS
Grasp the subject, the words will follow
Cato the Elder
I am an accredited translator – registered according to the Wbtv [Sworn Interpreters and Translators Act of the Netherlands], reference number 177 - and a member of the Netherlands Society of Interpreters and Translators (NGTV), the Dutch Women Translators and Interpreters Network (SVVT) and SENSE, Society of English-language Professionals in the Netherlands
Although my specialism is legal translations from English into Dutch and Dutch into English, I also carry out other translation assignments in various fields, including literature, economy, architecture and art.
For Dutch publisher Lemniscaat bv, I have translated dozens of English and American novels for young adults, including Wise Child by Monica Furlong.
Examples of translation assignments:
- requests for mutual legal assistance and corresponding sections of the law for Dutch Public Prosecutor’s Offices, the National Public Prosecutor's Office and the police;
- legal documentation and reports;
- project proposal and script of video film for an art project in Japan by artist Theo Seesing, Instituut voor Beeld en Vorm [Institute for Image and Form];
- theses, including a thesis on Turkey’s accession to the EU;
- scientific articles and documents, including documents about higher education in the Netherlands for the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.